Book fans love to compare favorite titles. And everybody likes to argue about ranking lists. So here’s your chance to add two cents to the discussion. What is the best science or medical thriller you’ve ever read?
I’ve posted reviews of >60 science- or medical-themed thrillers. Only eight received my highest rating of 5 stars. In my opinion, these books are truly exceptional within the genre. (For those of you who don’t know, I grade on a curve, giving 3 stars to your “average” can’t-put-it-down thriller.)
Here’s my list of the best-ever in this genre:
- Coma by Robin Cook
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Relic by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
- Sphere by Michael Crichton
- Spiral by Paul McEuen
- The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
- The Deus Machine by Pierre Ouellette
- The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
And a bonus title, which takes special honors for a science-driven plot:
- Petroplague by Amy Rogers
I know, that’s only nine. Help me round out the list to ten titles. Leave a comment to cast your vote!